Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cory Zicolella PPJ 11/15-11/29

I will preface this by saying this post is going to be very brief in comparison to my others.

These last few weeks have been rather confusing on my end; the week that began two weeks again I became increasingly ill as time went on and it caused me to get very little time dedicated to the project.  That being said, that week, I still managed to toy around with the textures on the Ball asset and tweak the UVs accordingly from time to time--and now the ball is textured (to satisfaction) for the Alpha.

This week, thanksgiving interfered with much of the team (I'm sure), but we all still managed to get work done.  I handled the video editing this week, as well as aiding with creating the shotlists and getting the footage.  All together, that took about 8 hours, 4 spent troubleshooting/directing shots, and 4 editing.

Because this week was entirely in editing, the videos will be all there is to show.


Tyler Schacht PPJ 11/15 - 11/29

Over the past two weeks much of my time was taken away due to an on-going research paper for Sociology.  Additional time was taken away due to my requirement to help set the house up for Thanksgiving and then help with Christmas decorations.  Most of the stuff that I worked on was during our meeting times.  Implementing my revised goal into the build, creating a skybox, and recording video footage along with Cory and Dan.



Total Hours: 15 hours
Revising & Implementing Goal: 2 hours
Skybox: 1 hour
Alpha Footage: 2 hours
Rest of the meetings: 10 hours

Positive: Adding in the skybox makes the game look much more complete than it did before.
Negatives: I didn't do too much on the art side outside of meetings, and our meeting times generally were focused on the presentation rather than improving the game.

Team PPJ 11/15 - 11/29

This week, there was not much done on the art side but an immense amount done in terms of implementing new assets and mechanics into the level. Mike Cancelosi was able to get his elevator level added to the current build and we now have a rudimentary but functional AI.

Our AI follows the position of the ball and will sometimes catch and fire the ball at your goal

The gravity well works again thankfully

Our gravity well, displayed in our new skybox

 
Scoring has been implemented
Elevator interior

Elevator exterior WIP

Mike Cancelosi 11/15- 11/29



 This week I built the interior of the elevator scene, as well as lit it. I also started making assets for the exterior. Lastly, I extended the AI so that it grabs the ball and throws it back at the player.

Pros: Elevator looks great and is ready for alpha

Cons: There is no UI for alpha

Hours Spent: 15

Monday, November 28, 2016

Ryan Badurina - Nov. 15 - Nov. 29 PPJ

The past few weeks haven't been kind to me.  Issue after issue at home has taken up much of my time in working on not just Senior Project, but also other assignments for other classes.  I hope for the next week to give me enough time to finish and polish the assets currently in the game so it is ready for alpha.

Most of my work over the past two weeks was development on our Beta Platform design and model.  The current platform in the game is just a mesh that scales appropriately based on the VR room scale.  What the programmers are hoping to do is create something more dynamic, where different platform pieces are added onto a base whose size is based on the room scale.

My last PPJ showcased the beginning of this new Beta Platform the the overall design process I'm envisioning with it.  After talking with the team in regards to the platform and the overall design process, we agreed that we needed more variety with the inner panels instead of just one square duplicated over and over.

Original tiles

Added tiles along with the original 9.

Example layout of a small room-scale platform.

These are only some of the tiles planned for the platform.  As much of my time has been spent dealing with family-related issues,  I unfortunately don't have more to show.  However, I hope to have the rest of the tiles done over the next week as well as over winter break.  By doing so we add a lot of variety to the platform itself so it isn't the same old looking one everytime.

Meeting(s):
  -Week 9 General Meeting:  2 Hours
  -Week 9 Development Session:  5 Hours
  -Week 10 Alpha Draft Meeting:  1.5 Hours
  -Week 11 Alpha Preparation Meeting / Gantt Work: 2.5 Hours
Week 9:
  -Beta Platform Modular Pieces:  1 Hours
Week 10:
  -Beta Platform Modular Pieces:  5 Hours

Total Time (2 Week Period):  17 Hours

Pros:
  -Progress on the modular pieces for the platform are going well.  Hope to have more done over the next week and winter break.

Cons:
  -A large amount of family issues have been popping up (Flea Infestation, Car Fixing, Doctors Appointments) took up too much of my time over the past few weeks.
  -Final exams and projects are coming up and I need to devote time to those classes as well as senior project.