Monday, January 30, 2017

Ryan Badurina PPJ: 1/24 - 1/31

This week has been mostly busy on the programming side, but the art team including myself have been busy figuring out design ideas for our Ionizer tool and iteration of our basic grapple tool.  However, with the need for promos, I took up the honor of trying to convert our "company" logo into a vector format.  The big problem though, was that our logo was originally a rasterized PNG in photoshop, and it was a very detailed PNG.



Much of my time was spent figuring out an easy way to convert the image over into an AI Vector format.  Now, Adobe Illustrator has a built in "Image Wrap" function, but that gives mostly "questionable" results, and not the results we need for our logo.



After some searching, I was able to find a means of easily converting rasterized PNGs into SVG Vector files.  The end result after the conversion process?  This.



Pretty impressive, and almost one-for-one, if I do say so myself.  And because why not, here is the transparent version.


Once the conversion was done, I went in and polished a few things here and there to get this look similarly to our original design.  Took a little bit (and a ton of searching), but I myself and the others are happy with the results.

Other than that, I spent a little bit of time iterating the wall a little more just to make sure everything looked good.  In the coming week I'll be re-importing the wall into our game and making adjustments accordingly, along with importing the the platform pieces into the engine.


Time:
  -Weekday Meeting(s): 1.5 Hours
  -Weekend Development Session: 5.5 Hours
  -Main Menu Wall Iteration: 1 Hour
  -Logo Vector Conversion: 3 Hours
Total Time: 11 Hours

Pros:
  -Found a way to easily convert raster PNGs to Vector images.  Hurry for time savers!

Cons:
  -Rather slow week on the Unreal Engine side as we prioritized getting promos done.  There will be more work for next week on the 3D modeling side.

No comments:

Post a Comment