Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Team PPJ 1/23/17 - 1/31/17

This week, a lot of time was spent on promotional material and logo updates, as well as updating the GDD to reflect recent gameplay updates. Unfortunately, there was a lack of progress on the 3D art side, which is arguably the area that needs the most work.

On the positive side, we found a decent last-ditch solution that allowed us to keep all the work we spent on our team logo, and were able to convert it to a high-detail vector image. While this solution is not ideal as a permanent workflow addition, it worked well in this instance. Going forward, we will be using Illustrator for all logo-design purposes.

Our promotional poster is off to a good start, and most team members approve of the minimalist design. There are a few other ideas floating around but this one is the most developed.


Going forward, a lot of time will be spent finalizing our 3D art assets in preparation for next week's mid-beta presentation. We're hopeful that we'll be able to show our new gameplay elements in action soon.

Pros:
  • Promotional material off to a good start
  • GDD received thorough updates
  • Nearing implementation of exciting new gameplay elements
Cons:
  • Lack of 3D art progress
  • Slow work week
  • Raster to Vector snags

No comments:

Post a Comment