Later, I worked with Johanna to get the AI to let go once the ball's velocity was approximately pointing towards the target.
Throughout the week, I've also been continuing my RL / machine learning studies, but that has slowed down a bit.
Time spent: Total: ~18 hours
- 10 hours -RL / machine learning studies
- 8 hours -AI swings the ball and lets go when near target
- AI actually scored a couple times
- AI may get stuck in infinite loop of swinging in circles if it never finds a "satisfactory" opportunity to let go
- AI does pretty well when the ball approaches from the sides, but when the ball is above, the plane that is created is almost vertical, which creates a very bad circle of points - it should have a separate case of generating spline points in a different way when the ball is above it
- I wasn't feeling well on our second meeting day of the week, so I left early.