Monday, February 6, 2017

Tyler Schacht PPJ 1/31/17 - 2/7/17

This week I spent a good amount of my time reworking the goal.  I reiterated on the goal model, it is hard to see, but there is not as many hard edges and I was able to optimize the polygon count a bit.  I also reworked the textures that I added two(?) weeks ago.  Added some emission maps on the inner portion of the inner and outer rings that give off colors based off of what team owns the goal.  There is also cracked paint that is able to turn into whatever team color we want.  There is a new hidden model that acts as a collision for the goal to avoid the ball getting stuck in the rotating bits.  Below is a screenshot of the in-progress goal and the team / logo that the goal is for.

Logo Designed by Dan Ingman

I was also fixing up the website adding in more readability for the download button not currently working.  We don't want to put our full game out there.  I changed the design and mentions of  most trademarks to avoid legal issues.  We already know that the Vive in the background might be an issue for copyright.  So we are planning to create a cartoon depiction that still gets the point across but should cause no legal issues.

Total hours:
- Goal Model: 3 hours
- Goal Materials & Textures: 8 hours
- Website & Presskit changes: 3 hours
- Beta Footage recording: 2 hours

Positive: I think the goal looks a lot better and I think it also runs a bit better.  

Negative: Still wasn't able to get the website as well as I would've liked it.  I just can't figure out what to do about all the about sections.  I'm probably going to get help going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment