Monday, February 20, 2017

Tyler Schacht PPJ 2/14 - 2/20

This week I spent my time working on the game logo and its different versions.  Mike Cancelosi originally started vectorizing the logo, and Dan created the original concept, but I picked up from them.  Most of my time that I spent on the logo was trying to get it animated on the website.  Unfortunately, Clipping Masks do not work the way I hoped they would.
I also added in a "better" blogger integration.. It is super poorly optimized, but the full blog is now on the same page as the website.
I also filled out some forms for a few different things.


Total Hours: 14 hours
- Logo:
+ Vectorizing Main: 4 hours
+ Animating Main: 5 hours
+ Designing Square form: 3 hours
- Forms: 2 hours

Positives: I think the logo looks really nice.  I tried to keep the logo readable at most sizes without losing the readability.  Also to save us a bit of effort, the logo was made to be strictly black and white to avoid color issues later down the line.

Negatives: I spent WAY too much time trying to get clipping masks to work the way I wanted them to.  I spent so much time trying to get the logo to not have a background and be able to be animated, but it didn't work out that way.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tyler!

    I was just posting this on another post of y'all's, but I love your motion graphics. They're always so clean and well-branded. You should definitely be proud of what you've got.

    In regards to clipping masks, I think you're using the wrong tool. If you're trying to create a transparent shape below the title that also cuts through the outer ring, it'd be easier to create a mask in After Effects or Nuke than to try to export a shape with a transparency from Photoshop or Illustrator.

    ReplyDelete