I also implemented a countdown timer with Cancelosi and DiLucca. This just shows welcome text then an animated countdown before finally spawning the ball and saying "Go!".
I made it so tools can now be activated/deactivated.
Finally, I added a radial force when goal is scored to prevent ball from bouncing back into the net again (force pushes ball to the outside and out)
Time spent: Total: ~20 hours
- 8 hours - work on fixing "dead ball"
- 4 hours - worked on countdown timer and game initialization. Also added activation/deactivation support for Tools
- 8 hours - Added radial force for when goal is scored to prevent it from bouncing back into net.
- Ball doesn't "die" nearly as often
- With countdown, game seems a bit more official, but needs work
- Radial force after goal isn't always perfect and need some tinkering.