Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Team PPJ 4/18 - 4/24

This week was another productive week (I'm going to have to think of a new way to start team PPJs). We started the week early with a playtest session hosted by Drexel's VR Club, in which we gained some valuable feedback and were able to observe new players jump into our game for the first time.

More work was done on our new main menu. A majority of this work was back-end functionality, as that's something that Tyler has been running into snags with. However, he's making good progress. Cory diligently continued to create promotional material to populate our background cityscape with, and I can tell he's having fun. Soon we'll have a large variety of colorful billboards to choose from. As well, we began the process of color-changing materials that will match the team you pick at the start of the game.

On the backend, the CCI team made good progress in performance improvements. We were able to discern unnecessary lights as the cause of performance issues, and a summary cleanup was able to swiftly fix those lights and restore a good measure of performance. While we're not quite up to a standard 90fps, we were able to get up to the range of 60 - 70fps on the lab computers, which is a big milestone. The CCI team has been diligently working on documentation (as always) to prepare for their Tuesday presentation.

All in all, a good week. Our current build is still unstable, but we're planning to push a new stable build out to Steam by the end of the week.

We also made some money off Steam, so uncork the champagne and bust out the fancy cigars

Pros:
  • Large improvements in performance
  • Lots of visual progress
Cons:
  • Current build still unstable

No comments:

Post a Comment